Licencing agencies in Canada still require new & existing air brake endorsement holders to be knowledgeable about the adjustment of manual slack adjusters. Although automatic slack adjusters were mandated on commercial vehicles in Canada in 1996, there may still some equipment fitted with manual slack adjusters.
- 10 practice test questions testing knowledge of manual slack adjustment.
- Furthers students understanding of how to adjust manual slack adjusters on an air brake equipped vehicle.
It is important for commercial drivers to know:
- How to identify manual slack adjusters.
- Determine if brakes are correctly adjusted.
- And if not within legal limits, how to adjust manual slack adjusters.