First & foremost – decide how you are going to get home BEFORE you start drinking.
- As my Mom likes to say, "Get drunk and be somebody." Therefore, you can be a superhero and fly home.
- Take a cab.
- Ride the bus – most transit systems offer free rides for New Year's Eve.
- Get a "designated driver." Be sure to give the driver cash for gas!
- Run in spurts, because running continuously is just too hard.
- Crawl – be sure to dress warmly in case it's cold.
- Drive home the next day - that way you get a free breakfast.
- Get your drunk friend to give you a piggy back ride.
- Take the shuttle service offered by the respective establishment where you imbibed.
- Have the bash at your house. It's a great way to have a big slumber party.
- Go to the pizza shop, order a pizza to be delivered to your home address, and catch a ride with the pizza delivery guy. If that doesn't work, try the Chinese place! Make sure you give a good tip.
"Don't fry bacon in the nude" is not a great tip.
How are you getting home this New Year's; what is your funny story about getting home after the bash?
Wishing you a great New Year's Eve and all the best for the 2015 year from all the staff at Smart Drive Test.