14 March 2018, 3pm ET
Air Brakes Course
The air brakes course is between 16 and 20 hours of the overall CDL Driver Training Course.
- Basic Understanding of System
- Brakes & Braking with Larger Vehicles
- Downhill Braking Techniques
- Air Brake Road Signs (These are not explained well in most courses)
- Fail-Safes (Emergency Brakes, Air Tanks, Division Into 2 Independent sub-systems)
- Valves Related to Air Brakes
- Trailers Air Brake Systems
- Air Brake Pre-Trip Inspection
- How to inspect & determine air brake adjustment.